- Industry Commercial Entity
- Company Phone +248 429 4700
- Contact Person Human Resources Department
The Seychelles Ports Authority (SPA) is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced personnel for the above post.
The Welder Specialist should have a comprehension of welding work in all aspects.
In addition, should be responsible for all welding fabrications and repairs in engineering Workshop, port assets, port facilities and to exhibit good knowledge of safety.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cutting and welding materials according to plans
- Welding or joining metal and other materials
- Carrying out gas metal arc welding to manufacture items and components
- Strictly adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures including the use of the appropriate protective clothing
- Assemble and repair equipment and materials per the Department and Authority’s quality system procedures
- Utilize a variety of hand and power tools to perform repair of machinery and equipment in accordance with safety and standards
- Maintain maintenance records and schedules
- Cleaning tools, equipment and work areas
- Assist the Workshop Engineer and Workshop Manager with the request of equipment materials and gases for completing tasks and replenishing of stocks
- Report writing
Remuneration: Based upon qualification and experience.
Qualification & Experiences
- Hold a recognised qualification with a minimum of 7 years’ experience and/or an experienced fabricator/fitter/welder with a minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Hands on experience with engineering manuals, drawings and specifications, ability to read and interpret diagrams and materials required
- Good Working knowledge and use of hand tools, power tools and test equipment
- Executing welding operations in compliance with standards and safety policies
- Experience on using variety of tools and equipment
- Readily to action new challenges without unnecessary planning
- Attention to details
- Knowledge of engineering and technology
- Persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks
How To Apply
Interested candidate(s) are requested to Sign-up or login to apply now or may collect application forms at the Seychelles Ports Authority’s Office.
For more information, relating to the post you may contact the Human Resource Department on Telephone Number: 429 4700
Closing Date for application: 5th December 2022
Please note that it is company policy that all successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test prior to employment.
In order to increase your chances of a successful selection, kindly ensure that your application is complete and that all relevant information such as your qualifications have been provided with your application. Otherwise, the Employer reserves the right not to consider your application for selection.